POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Isosurface mod : Isosurface mod Server Time
2 Jun 2024 19:43:23 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface mod
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 27 Oct 2004 23:07:43
Message: <MPG.1bea10575f2e0627989bfb@news.povray.org>
Has anyone else seen the article in Linux Journal about using POV-Ray for
visualizing large data sets? The patch stuff is here:

http://staff.aist.go.jp/r-suzuki/e/povray/iso/df_body.htm

I seem to remember people talking about something similar on some posts,
but not actually implementing anything directly in POV-Ray. Apparently,
one thing this does is extend the file parser for density files to deal
with some stuff it couldn't, including supporting decimal data, instead
of requiring it be imported as ranges between 0 and 255. Looks
interesting for anyone that has data they can use with it, not to mention
complex isosurfaces from data you could generate programmatically to take
advantage of it.

If someone on here did create this and already mentioned it, then
"Ooops!". ;) All I can say is - too many dang posts to keep track of and
'search' only works if they know for sure what to look for.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()
  else